Wednesday 1 February 2017

New Original Art | New Beginnings

Announcing a new mini series I painted in January.  I felt the Lord nudging me to start off the year with a picture of new beginnings, the hope of promises to come and to learn how to rest in Him through the waiting.
See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland. (Isaiah 43:19)
I love eggs, nests and feathers.  There is something so comforting and inspiring about them. Gentle and quiet. The eggs represent new beginnings, new hope and the anticipation of what's coming. New things! Many of us have big dreams and promises from the Lord.  Wether its a prophetic word or a deep seeded dream of yours, the Lord wants to birth something new.  I feel we are in a new season of time in the spirit and God has new assignments and promises for people in this hour.  They are like these eggs, and it's a matter of time before they hatch and come to life!
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” (Rev. 21:5)
I have had many prophetic words fulfilled already in my life, but still many I'm hanging on to.  I felt the Lord say to re-visit those words, dreams and promises.  He is faithful and has the perfect timing for those to come to pass.  He gently reminded me it's a time to rest in the waiting.  Rest in His protection and comfort.  
The feathers are a perfect reminder of God's protection over us.  In Psalm 91, he says he will cover us with his feathers where we can find refuge.  What a beautiful image of protection. I love how God describes his mighty protection, by comparing it to one of the most gentle, light-weight things on earth, a feather.  
Psalm 91
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
    and you make the Most High your dwelling,
no harm will overtake you,
    no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
    you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.
The nest is an image of rest.  It's a place of shelter for the eggs until they are ready to hatch.  Where the young find safety from harm until they are ready to fly.  That's how I picture God.  He births things in us through his promises, shelters and love us, protects us from harm, takes us through a process of growth, then releases us when we are ready to fly.  
I am currently in a season of rest.  I know some big things coming and the Lord told me to rest in Him to be strengthen before the hatch.  Some things are on a calendar in the natural and I know are coming, other things are prophetic words spoken into my life that I have no idea when the time will come, but I have faith in these promises from the Lord. In the rest I will find peace and be prepared and strengthen for the assignments to come. 
I pray for each and everyone who is holding onto promises from the Lord. Re-visit them if you've tossed them aside.  They were placed in your heart for a reason.  Trust in his timing and perfect will for your life.  We say "Yes and Amen" to all His promises.
For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 1:20)
Blessings,
Mindi

No comments:

Post a Comment